Job Type: Full-time
Closing Date: Tuesday 31st March
Company Ethos & Values
‘Best today. Better tomorrow.’ is our mission. We’re a passionate, trustworthy, forward thinking business who strives to achieve excellence is everything we do, going the extra mile for both customers and staff.
As one of the country’s leading IT and Business Software providers, you will be joining a business full of challenges and opportunities. Our core products include IT Infrastructure, IT Security, Accounts Software, EPOS and Telecoms. Over the past 40-years, we have been delivering excellent solutions and services to our 600 (and counting) customers, and now we are looking for someone else to join the team and help!
Are you looking for an opportunity to join one of the area’s leading IT Solutions and Accounts Software providers?
Here at Kamarin Computers, we believe that we are one of the best places to work. Recently we have been named as a finalist in The UK IT Industry Awards in the Best Place to Work Category.
We are ambitious and strive to do the best for our employees and customers here at Kamarin and we are currently working towards The Sunday Times Top 100 Small Companies to work for.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a 2nd Line IT Engineer to join us and come work in one of our busiest departments.
What we are looking for
We are looking for someone with enthusiasm and passion for IT. We are looking for an individual who has good organisation skills and experience of working to deadlines, as well as being able to achieve high quality content to reach our goals.
We are responsible for providing fast and effective support to our customers, so we need someone who is dedicated to help guide our customers or find a solution to their problem at the earliest opportunity.
The role will also be helping to support our EPOS solution we provide to customers, and someone with experience of working with EPOS solutions and products would be advantageous.
Some of the responsibilities of this role will be:
- Responding to incoming calls and Tickets into the helpdesk
- Maintaining 1 hour response to all tickets
- Aim to fix all calls within 8 hours
- Ensuring helpdesk ticket updates are detailed and concise
- Respond to urgent calls with 15 minutes and escalation processes are followed
- Supplier/ contractor liaison for tickets, issues and version updates
- Follow lead logging for any customer / prospect leads generated
- Call escalation within escalation procedures
- Help sheet and KB knowledge base population
- Perform remote installations and migrations when required
- Perform emergency weekend support in line with the weekend working rota agreed at the start of the year with KC Support Manager
We are looking for someone who has experience of Microsoft SQL Server (or similar database engine) and strong Windows Operating System knowledge. Other knowledge and experience needed is:
- MTA/MCP Qualifications
- ITIL Knowledge/Qualifications
- Software installation experience
- Experience writing and maintaining documentation
We believe here at HBP we are an amazing place to work! We believe we offer some of the leading benefits in our area so here’s a list of what’s on offer:
- A competitive basic salary
- Profit Related Bonus
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Flexible working options
- Monthly 1-2-1s to discuss you and your role
- Fruity Tuesdays
- Wellness Wednesdays
- Free car parking
- Staff rewards scheme
- Bi-annual staff appreciation parties
- Regular social events and sporting activities
- Staff discount scheme
- Charity activities to raise money for staff selected causes
- Support and guidance from your very first day!
All applications will be handled by our People Department who will keep in touch with you throughout the process.
How to apply
If this opportunity sounds like something you would be interested in, please click on the link below and our People Department will be in contact once we have received your application.