Strictly No Agencies
Are you looking to progress your career in the technology sector?
An opportunity has arisen at Kamarin Computers for a 2nd Line IT Support Engineer.
2nd Line IT Support Engineer
The team are responsible for providing fast and effective support to our Business software customers when things go wrong or they need our guidance. The team not only provide technically accurate support but do so with empathy and understanding to make sure the customer experience is a positive one and ensure the teams communication methods and details are maintained.
- Responding to incoming calls and Tickets into the helpdesk
- Maintaining 1 hour response to all tickets
- Aim to fix all calls within 8 hours
- Customer updates and call management
- Helpdesk information population and maintenance
- Product and industry change investigation and communication
- Continued development and training
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Ensure helpdesk ticket updates are details and concise
- Ensure communication methods are correct
- Respond to urgent calls with 15 minutes and escalation processes are followed
- Supplier/ contractor liaison for tickets, issues and version updates
- Attend team meetings
- Follow lead logging for any customer / prospect leads generated
- Call escalation within escalation procedures
- Help sheet and KB knowledge base population
- Perform remote installations and migrations when required
- Perform emergency weekend support in line with the weekend working rota agreed at the start of the year with KC Support Manager
- Meet operational targets for response, resolution and updates
- Continual training and improvements
- Monitor and maintain supplier logs and updates
- Helpdesk ticket management and logging
- Ensure customers are continually updated with the required communication method
- Follow complaint & escalation process / procedure
- Customer information maintenance
- Industry & Product awareness and effects
- Team communication
- Maintain Excellent communication and feedback
- Excellent Customer service
Knowledge & Experience
- Microsoft SQL Server (or similar database engine) experience
- Strong Windows Operating System knowledge
- Ticketing System Experience
- Working experience and practical understanding of TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP.
- Great ability to troubleshoot and diagnose issues quickly.
- Excellent Customer Service
- MTA/MCP Qualifications
- ITIL Knowledge/Qualifications
- Software installation experience
- Experience writing and maintaining documentation
Working for Kamarin
As a company, we believe our most valuable asset is our people, so we’re passionate about investing in our emlpoyees’ development and well-being. This is why we are working towards being named a Sunday Times’ Top 100 Small Companies To Work For, and we recently made the shortlist for Best Place To Work in IT and the UK IT Industry Awards.
We offer great benefits for this role, including:
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays).
- Flexible working options.
- A pro-active team of staff who organise regular social events and sporting activities.
- Free fruit in the office every week.
- A friendly environment across the whole office.
- Regular team meetings to discuss performance.
- Monthly 1-2-1s to discuss you and your job role.
- Charity activities to raise money for staff selected causes.
- Support and guidance from your very first day!
Closing Date: Friday, 27th March 2020.
Company Ethos & Values
‘Best today. Better tomorrow.’ is our mission. We’re a passionate, trustworthy, forward-thinking business who strives to achieve excellence in everything we do, going the extra mile for both our customers and staff.
As one of the country’s leading IT and Business Software providers, you will be joining a business full of challenges and opportunities. Our core products include IT Infrastructure, IT Security, Accounts Software, EPOS and Telecoms. Over the past 40-years, we have been delivering excellent solutions and services to our 600 (and counting) customers, and now we are looking for someone else to join the team and help!